Another addition of what is waiting on my tabs for me to read:
Presenting your home – Heritage Farm blog post about springtime and home decorating. I am inspired so I’ve kept it on my tabs so that I’ll take a moment to thoroughly read the post and peruse the blog.
Tatter hub – A collection of Tatting websites. I can’t wait to delve into this world more. I’m making myself finish up some other projects first.
Free Cash Envelope System – Template and tutorial on how to create a cash envelop system. I am looking at starting to use cash only to keep our spending in check.
Template by Kelleigh – I’m inspired by many of these templates. I can’t wait to get some of these!
Thompsonville Seventh Day Adventist Church – Wanting to watch some of the videos here.
Household Binder – I’ve been rolling around idea on creating a household binder. I’m adding this site to my list of inspiration.
Super Sketch Club photos – I can’t wait to start using some of these sketches as inspiration! Phew, just looking at this layouts makes me want to scrap the night away! YAY!
Have you found any great web site lately?
Where did the scrapbooking mojo go? I haven’t wanted to scrapbook the last 3 saturday nights. This is so frustrating! I have 4 photo books full of pictures. I’m not lacking things to scrap, I’m lacking the passion. I don’t want to just through pictures on paper without some heart in it. Not fun!
What do you do when you lose your passion for a craft? I need some help!
Matthew 6:25-34 New Living Translation
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33Seek the Kingdom of God[d] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
I spoke of making muffins for freezing last week. The main reason I do this is for my boys. They both love muffin cupcakes (as they are called in our house). I like them too but the fat content of many of the recipes I have is very high. I’ve been looking around the great world wide web to find substitutions that would bring the fat content down yet retain the moist yummy muffin quality that we all enjoy.
I’ve found the following websites:
- Butter Replacements – ideas on how to replace butter in baking. I like the fact that this website discusses what butter is used for and how to best replace it.
- food subs – This site discuss substituting fats more in depth then the previous site but has different substitution ingredients.
- Dairy free cooking – I like the thought of taking all dairy out of baking. I need to read through this site a little more thoroughly. The information that I have read so far is thought provoking.
- Healthy baking 101 – A thorough page about this bakers experience with reducing butter in a butter based cake recipe.
That’s what I’ve found for now. I have yet to try some of these techniques out since my freezer is very full of muffins already. Have you tried reducing the fat in your baking? What have been your best successes or what failed?
First – I must say a prayer for all those that have been affected (effected?) by the tornados and flooding. God be with you all. May you find your strength and peace in Him!
Now, for some things that I am thankful for:
- Stride – Wyomings Speech, Development, and Occupational program. Joshua is such a different child since he’s been in this theraputic program. It looks like Matthew will be enrolling in the at home program. I see this as a huge blessing to have a very effective team of therapists to come along side me to help me with the difficulties my children have with their speech.
- Our home – We are beyond blessed with the place we have called home for the last 15 months. We hope it is God’s will that we purchase this home but reality is that we may have to find a new place to live soon. Either way, I’ve been blessed here.
- My husbands health – He’s almost back to flying status. For this, we are both so thankful. He’s like a caged bird when he can’t do his job.
These are things on the forefront of my mind. What are you thankful for today?
I found a bunch of stuff on the web this past week. Here are the tabs that are still hanging around waiting to be thoroughly enjoyed and then put on my pearl tree if necessary.
Homemade Rainbow Rice – Instructions on how to make rainbow colored rice for children to play with.
Nicole’s Needlework – Beautiful cross stitch work!
Maximize Your Mornings Challenge – I really want to do this challenge. One of many things I want to do to improve myself. I have to take it one step at a time though but this one keeps coming back to me, meaning that I seem to be tripping over this link every where online.
Chasing Cheerios – The blog author has posted about Little House on the Prairie books. I can’t wait to see if the mentioned books are here at my local library!
Google Reader – This is where I save blogs that inspire or challenge me. Too bad I currently have over 1000 posts to read. Eeks! I think it is time to do a clean out again.
His Beloved – Another blogger who is also participating in the 31 Days to clean challenge.