Good Monday to you all! I’ve been reflecting on they day I had yesterday. I’m thinking about why I ran out of patience with my children much too quickly. I’m pondering on why I wasn’t organized or feeling at peace with the Adventurers club meeting that I lead in the afternoon. The following are my thoughts, reflections and what I learned:
When I wait until the same day of an Adventurers club meeting,
- I do not have the time to properly discipline my children.
- I feel amazing amounts of pressure while getting easily frustrated when the printer gives me any kind of error.
- I do not eat properly which means my patience level is very decreased and my ability to concentrate is hindered also.
- My house becomes more of a disaster area because I do not have the time to pick up after myself while creating projects and games for the club meeting.
- I run late to set up for the meeting which leaves me to have to do things while the meeting is going on. This means that I am not able to be fully engaged with the children.
- Last, but not least – I am left to clean up a huge mess after the meeting due to having my focus split in too many directions during the meeting.
I know I learned a whole lot from yesterday. My action plan is now as follows:
Mondays are now going to be set aside for Adventurer club meeting planning. This gives me plenty of time to get supplies for snack and craft time. I also will be able to walk my son through the meeting at home, a sort of rehearsal if you will. This helps me to work out kinks and helps him to know what is going to happen at the meetings. (He has a bit of a problem with new situations and will usually act out if he’s feeling overwhelmed.)
Have you been in this kind of a situation where procrastination really hindered a good outcome?
P.S. Thankfully the children did not notice my craziness. I’ve heard reports from parents that the children had fun. They all look forward to the next meeting in 2 weeks.